OTC: Missouri’s Governor Jay Nixon Drives KK To Crack & Attack

“That doesn’t bother me at all. It really doesn’t.”
Kevin Kietzman, as he began a diatribe about him receiving a number of messages on his phone Saturday while at the Mizzou/KSU game, all saying that Missouri Governor Jay Nixon was in the KSU press box verbally trashing him, 810 AM
GH: I was happy to hear that Kietzman was not at all bothered by the secondhand information he said he received when his phone “blew up” Saturday while he was sitting elsewhere in Bill Snyder Family Stadium. But then he went on and on and on about how Nixon had trashed him that I came away thinking it might have bothered him just a tad. Read on.

“I’m telling you, this guy (Nixon) would leave (the Big 12) for the MIAA! Jay Nixon, he just wants out! He’d go to the Missouri Valley right now! He just wants to go anywhere he can get!”
Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM
GH: This was my first hint that KK was being less than genuine when he said Nixon’s alleged verbal trashing left no scars on his hide. It appears to me that KK is vexed by anyone who would not only promote that Mizzou might leave the Big 12 but even those who might mention the possibility. Read on.

“Every single (Missouri fan) I saw in Manhattan doesn’t want to go!”
Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM
GH: Kietzman must have acquired some Justice League-like super powers since the last time I spoke with him. He now apparently can determine your opinion on conference realignment by merely seeing you dressed in your school’s garb. As Gary Pinkel might say, remarkable!

“(Governor Nixon) cost Missouri as much as anyone! He stuck his big fat foot in his big fat mouth!”
Kevin Kietzman, on Missouri not getting an offer to join the Big 10 last summer, 810 AM
GH: How can KK blame Nixon for not getting an offer from the Big 10 that Kietzman still maintains they received? Kietz might check on the locale of his own big fat feet and big fat mouth.

“This loudmouth buffoon of a governor needs to stay out of sports!”
Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM
GH: Boy, I sure am glad that none of this bothered, Kietzman.

“His brain is AWOL on this (conference realignment) issue. His brain is outside his body! It is gone! He is not using his brain!”
Kevin Kietzman
, 810 AM
GH: KK got a little macabre here. I thought he was going Stephen King on me with his “brain outside his body” angle. Well, if true, Nixon wouldn’t be the first politician to be accused of not using his noodle.

“He is not acting in the best interests of the taxpayers of his state! His position
is purely personal as a Missouri fan that he wants out!”
Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM
GH: I haven’t heard Nixon express any opinion publicly on which way he is leaning on Missouri’s options. It is obvious Kietzman has not bothered to interview the Missouri governor to get his take first hand. Instead, being the journalist that we have come to know and chuckle at, KK takes the secondhand texts from some people in the press box within earshot of Nixon.

“This issue, this guy’s a clown! This is a loser for a politician! He needs to shut up! It’s insane! SHUT UP! Govern the state and SHUT UP! You’re at a college football game bad-mouthing a sports radio guy? That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard! It’s not even flattering to me, it’s so stupid! It’s just beyond belief to me that this governor is
involved in this.”
Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM
GH: There are some large egos out there in the media. I have met a few. No one I have come in contact with thinks more of their importance than Kevin Kietzman. No one. Whitlock was at least grounded in the knowledge that he could often be wrong. He would just make fun of himself and move on. Kietzman doesn’t have that mechanism. He HAS to be right. It makes him do unbelievable crazy stuff when he is publicly made a fool – like Nixon apparently did in the KSU press box. It is also excellent fodder for the OTC.
We owe you one, Gov. You too, Kev.

and Twitter / greghall24

Be Sociable, Share!

58 Responses to OTC: Missouri’s Governor Jay Nixon Drives KK To Crack & Attack

1. Ptolemy says:

“KK is the guy who hangs up on callers after hearing something KK said second hand, right? Just checking.”

That was pretty good right there.

2. Super Dave says:

What is it about all of the so called sports experts or the ones in their own minds who think they are sports experts in this town anyway?

Yes we have a few good ones no doubt but to me it appears we have way too many in this town that waste a lot of good oxygen to produce nothing.

Is advertising money that easy to get for this crap? Sadly as well is the fact there are some people who would make good hosts not get a chance to and some writers as well.

It sure seems like when I am in other locations in the good ole USA I hear much better local sports talk on radio than we have around here for the most part.

I don’t think Greg attacks KK in any way. KK as another in his own mind so called sports expert in this town day in and day out open their mouths and create their own statements of stupidity. So they themselves are the only ones to blame for stories such as this.

3. chuck says:

Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM

KK doesn’t think, therefore, he isn’t.

4. John says:

I have had enough of Kevin and he strikes me as a guy that has had enough himself but just does not want to admit it yet. I wish he would so a better product can be put on the airwaves to compete with Nick Wright. I am not aware of the ratings lately but I can’t take Nick for an entire afternoon like I can take the 810 Morning show. Random, but how is Fescoe still on the air??

Kietzman’s show has become a joke. Remember how he railed against Carl Peterson for being so thin skinned. Kietzman is the new Carl Peterson, and his show has become one big rant.

You didn’t mention this part Greg, but when he talked about how much money and jobs were potentially going to be lost if KC loses the Big XII Tournament, I just about choked. Give me a break, if KK is so concerned with jobs and money, why is he concerned about an event that takes up 1% of the calendar. Why is he not pushing for an anchor tenant for the Sprint Center if that’s his concern.

Finally, his concern as you have noted relates to how it effects Kansas State, his one true love. If it’s bad for K-State, it’s bad for KK and knowing how his mind works, he feels it’s bad for all of us. If Nick Wright was decent, I would flip over to his show. Thank God for satellite radio, I can listen to shows like Michael Kay out of New York, who talk sports, not small time issues.

6. LeesSummitCat says:

Greg – you’re missing a heck of a college football season when becoming this infatuated with KK. He’s an older Nick Wright – don’t let him consume this blog.

KK’s point is Nixon needs to ONLY say he wants Missouri to stay so Kansas City can keep the Big 12. Nixon has the gall to say publicly he hopes Kansas City can still host a MU/KU games in K.C. if Missouri’s in the SEC.

Hey Jay, DON’T TALK ABOUT MISSOURI LEAVING. THAT’S BAD FOR KANSAS CITY. TALK ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU’D LOVE MISSOURI TO STAY IN THE BIG 12.

Greg, your KK bashing is great when it’s called for. KK’s been DEAD-ON opinion-wise with all the conference-alignment talk. Your Nebraska-Red eyes and ears are horribly twisting your rational thought.

• JP says:

Thank you 810WHB employee for defending your boss. Wasn’t it KK who said Missouri had received a Big Ten invitation? He was wrong on that, and he tries to pretend like he never said that. You can defend KK for a lot of things, but he has consistently missed the boat on conference realignment.

• Hoof R. Tedd says:

“Missouri to the Big 10.”

-Kevin Kietzman, 2010.

“MISSOURI HAS NO OPTIONS!”

-Kevin Kietzman, 2011.

Yeah, KK’s been dead-on. And the pope isn’t Catholic…..

8. shecky says:

It’s apparent that Greg’s mission is to tear down Kietzman, but it’s also obvious that what KK is doing is working. KK is often petty and infuriating, but is almost always good radio. Brings to mind this exchange:

Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes. The average KK fan listens for – are you ready for this? – an hour and twenty minutes.

Greg Hall: How can that be?

Researcher: Answer most commonly given? “I want to see what he’ll say next.”

Greg Hall: Okay, fine. But what about the people who hate Kietzman?

Researcher: Good point. The average KK hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

Greg Hall: But… if they hate him, why do they listen?

Researcher: Most common answer? “I want to see what he’ll say next.”

9. myu says:

I agree with Nick. I think this is KK at his best, and he has been more right than most on the Big 12 thing. Greg- from an outsider, it seems that your Big Red background can influence your blogging. Nebraska folks would love for the Big 12 to hit the shitter- it would prove that Dr. Tom was right. Back to KK, I love that he let both guns fire on Nixon- the guys a putz. Regardless, as an out of towner, I dig this site for catching up on the local scoop. Thanks!

10. Myu says:

No WHB employee here- went 2 KU undergrad- live in Colorado. Just like KKs stance on this one. Don’t understand the jab bc I disagree with the mob….good thing u have the option to turn the dial I guess..

11. JS says:

KK’s already expressed concern about losing listeners if Mizzou moves to the SEC. He’s just a rabid dog protecting his territory. If Nixon came on his show, KK would kiss his ass.

12. J-grad says:

Kietzman = Fescoe. Fescoe = Kietzman.

No difference.

I listen to 810 for Border Patrol and the Program, then follow Twitter and other sources for sports news after that.

No reason to be mad at KK — he’s just a shock-jock radio whore trying to make a livin’.

13. colorado outfitters says:

I delight in, result in I discovered just what I was looking for. You’ve ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

14. Alex Heyen Omaha says:

I believe this is among the most vital info for me. And i’m satisfied reading your article. However should statement on some general issues, The site taste is perfect, the articles is in reality great : D. Excellent task, cheers

15. meeting room says:

I am now not sure the place you are getting your info, but good topic. I must spend some time studying much more or understanding more. Thanks for excellent information I used to be in search of this information for my mission.

16. Get free stuff and make easy money says:

Simply desire to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your put up is simply cool and that i could think you are an expert on this subject. Well along with your permission let me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thank you a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.