“If you look at the history of this franchise and specifically Lamar [Hunt] and what he did and the way he approached the National Football League and the importance of the greater good, this is another example of this family following that tact and that approach. The international series is a priority for the league. It’s something that more and more teams … are playing. Therefore, more and more teams have to give up home games. We’re not the first team to give up a home game … We think it’s a great opportunity … It puts us on a global stage. Our players, our fans and the whole region should benefit.”
Mark Donovan, on the Chiefs losing a home game in 2015 due to playing the Lions in London, ESPN.com
GH: What is the big deal about the Chiefs giving up as home game to play in London? If I am a Chiefs season ticket holder, I would be far more upset with getting forced to pay for worthless preseason games twice a year.

“It’s bad for the fans. It’s good for the owners.”
Kevin Kietzman, on the Chiefs agreeing to give up a home game to play the Lions in London in 2015, 810 AM
GH: I don’t really see much of a negative for anyone except those business who make money piggy-backing the Chiefs. It is a marketing bonanza for Kansas City and the Chiefs. That far outweighs a few BBQ joints getting stiffed for one Sunday.

“I’m one of the roughly 200 vendors at Arrowhead and it directly affects my family and takes food out of our mouths.”
Caller Don to The Drive, 610 AM
GH: A couple of things for this whiner. If your family is depending on your take home pay from vending at Chiefs game, you might want to spend more time upgrading your lot in life than bitching about it. Second, people who view every happenstance through the narrow slit of how it directly affects them and not their community are some of the worst kind of people. Be a contributor, not simply a taker in life.

“When you think of trades over the last five or ten years in the NFL, you would be hard pressed to find a trade for an established player that’s worked out any better than (Alex) Smith coming to Kansas City. I can’t think of a trade that is any better. I have watched him play in four straight games now and I think he is everything Andy Reid has ever wanted in a quarterback.”
Kevin Harlan, 810 AM

“They are who we thought they were.”
Danan Hughes, when asked about the Chiefs wide receivers who have yet to catch a touchdown pass, 610 AM

“As long as we’ve got Jamaal Charles healthy and Alex Smith making smart decisions it seems to work for us.”
Danan Hughes, on the 5-3 Chiefs not needing scoring from their wide receiver corps, 610 AM
GH: Hughes was not so kind when the subject of Dwayne Bowe was brought up. Read on.

“Dwayne Bowe has been like a lottery winner three times over. He’s been the benefactor of other (Chiefs) draft picks or free-agent pick-ups that really haven’t panned out. So he should be that he’s part of this organization because there’s no way in the world he would have gotten paid as much or maybe even be in the league still if he was on another team.” Danan Hughes, 610 AM
GH: Bowe told a gaggle of media this week that he is relaxed and ready for the touchdowns to start flowing his way “just like in 2010.” Maybe he is the Mike Moustakas of the Chiefs.

“Moose is a winner. He loves to play baseball. You’ve heard me say that many times. We’ve always had complete confidence that he’s a guy who can contribute. With every young player, they’re going to go through ups and downs. But we feel Moose has a chance to potentially win an MVP someday. That’s how we feel about him.”
Dayton Moore, 610 AM
GH: Last season Moore made headlines with his “In a small way, I feel like we’ve won the World Series” comment. Well, it appears Dayton is not one to go quietly into the off-season. Now he is penciling in Moose as a future MVP? Well, I hope his prediction comes as close as his World Series dream.

“Third baseman Mike Moustakas has gone from a first-round draft choice to a potential cornerstone of the Royals franchise to a potential bust who was demoted to the minors a little over five months ago. And now? Moustakas is a postseason hero with a franchise playoff-record five homers and, once again, a potential cornerstone of the Kansas City franchise.”
Jeffrey Flanagan, foxsports.com
GH: Moose is also one of the most popular athletes to ever wear a Royals uniform. How revered would he be if he just hit .260 and 25 bombs each season? Those aren’t MVP numbers but they sure would make the Royals have a legit third sacker.

“He has a tremendous ability to stay focused throughout an entire game and throughout an entire 162-game season because he loves to play the game. He’s just going to keep getting better and better. It would be very, very difficult for us to find a better alternative than Mike Moustakas at third base. Not that we’d be looking for one, but it would be very difficult to find one better than him. He’s our third baseman going forward.”
Dayton Moore, 610 AM
GH: Does that description sound like the Moose we can come to know? I guess the third basemen tree died.

“I don’t really think Nori (Aoki) wants to be back (with the Royals). I think he wants to be back in the National League.”
Josh Vernier, on the free-agent status of the Royals right fielder, 610 AM GH: I will miss the Aoki sideshow if he moves on. He plays the game like he learned it reading Twitter.

“It signals how far these two programs have come and the job Bill Snyder’s been able to do and what Gary Patterson has done at TCU.”
John Denton, radio analyst for TCU football, on K-State and TCU meeting in a match-up of two top-10 ranked college football teams, 810 AM
GH: Those old enough to remember the 1980s should pause to reflect how remarkable it is that this matchup is now between two top-ten programs. But consider also that Oregon, Mississippi State, Baylor, etc. were also CFB bottom feeders not long ago.

“It’s a huge Saturday in college football.”
Blair Kerkhoff, on the number of meaningful games on this Saturday’s schedule, 810 AM
GH: The biggest game for Big 12 fans is Kansas State at TCU on Fox Saturday night. But the nation will be focused on a few other big games as well, including Notre Dame at Arizona State, Ohio State at Michigan, Baylor at Oklahoma, Alabama at LSU and Oregon at Utah.

“The problem (Kansas State) has run into the past couple of weeks is Jake (Waters) got dinged up (against Oklahoma). He took a pretty good shot and his shoulder hasn’t been a hundred percent. They’ve spent the last couple of games protecting him. … They got away with that against Texas and Oklahoma State but that’s really something to watch come Saturday.”
Curtis Kitchen, 610 AM
GH: Kansas State looks like a top-five team to me this season but just as when Collin Klein was the QB, so much of their offense flows through Waters. And Bill Snyder asks his quarterbacks to absorb an enormous amount of physical abuse through their schedule. Klein was able to stay pieced together for his Heisman-worthy season. Will Waters be able to remain standing over this three-game stretch? Kansas State’s playoff hopes depend on it.

“These teams are just complete opposites of one another. TCU wants to speed it up and run this hurry-up offense and Kansas State is the antithesis of that. They want to slow it down and control the ball. TCU likes to create turnovers on defense and Kansas State doesn’t turn it over any at all.”
John Denton, 810 AM

“When Kansas State takes this trifecta – and I say ‘when,’ it’s going to be one of the greatest runs in Kansas State history.”
Caller, on KSU’s upcoming three road games at TCU, at West Virginia and at Baylor, 810 AM
GH: If KSU pulls off this trifecta (and spanks KU as well), they will be deserving of a spot in the four-team playoff. But FSU, Mississippi State, Oregon, Notre Dame and Michigan State could also offer similarly impressive credentials. The problem isn’t what team is better than the other. The problem is that all eight or 12 or 24 teams aren’t in the playoff. A four-team playoff isn’t enough to settle anything. It is just enough to piss everybody off.

“It wouldn’t be a bad idea. It’s never been worse.”
Jack Harry, when asked by Kevin Kietzman if the Kansas football program should just fold, 810 AM

“Apparently, (Kansas) has all the money in the world.”
Jack Harry, considering KU’s search for a new football coach, 810 AM

“June 30th.”
Jack Harry, when asked by Kevin Kietzman what his retirement date at KSHB TV 41 is, 810 AM GH: I wonder if the Kansas fans will miss Mad Jack?

“I never played (golf) with Obama but I would…but no, it’s ok, I’d take him out. He’s a hack. It’d be all day playing with him. … I never said he wasn’t a great politician. I’m just saying he’s a shitty golfer.”
Michael Jordan, discussing Barack Obama’s golf game with Ahmad Rashad, Back9Network

“Mike and I, we know each other but I’ve never played golf with him… He might want to spend more time thinking about the Bobcats or maybe the Hornets. … I love the man though, he brought us a lot of championships. He does like talking trash sometimes even when he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.”
Barak Obama, after hearing of Jordan’s comments about his golf game, WJMR
GH: The Golf Channel needs to get these two in a head-to-head match over Thanksgiving weekend and have Charles Barkley on the course with them with a wireless mic.

and @greghall24

77 Responses to OTC: Chiefs Trade 2015 Home Game For London & The KC Whiners Cry Loudly / Moose MVP Good?

1. sporty says:

Saturday night at 6:30, Fox network! Gus Johnson! Can’t wait. K-State beating TCU! Can’t wait!!

Let’s see…The Chiefs hold themselves ransom and threaten to move unless Kansas City agrees to completely refurbish their stadium with relatively little contribution from the Chiefs themselves. They tout themselves as an economic engine the benefits Kansas City. “People in Kansas City will patronize more businesses on game day,” t hey said.

And then they take their toy away from the fans paying hundreds of millions (or was it billions?) to support them. And you’re calling the people who call them on their bullshit whiners?

But you say this is a marketing bonanza for the Chiefs and Kansas City. Well, first, I don’t much give a shit if this helps the Chiefs market themselves. They’re a private enterprise supported by hundreds of millions of dollars (or was it billions?) in taxes paid by people who were told they’d benefit from that expenditure. So I don’t much care if the Chiefs can market themselves more. They’re already fucking the people to whom they should be catering.

So tell me this: How does this present as a marketing opportunity for Kansas City? Oh, I’m sure that some people in London who have never heard of our Cowtown will now hear about it, but what is the tangible benefit to this for Kansas City? Are a bunch of Brits going to decide that they need to visit Kansas City because the Chiefs played a game at Wembley? I doubt it but I will bet every person here ten dollars that there won’t be enough vacationing Brits visiting KC to offset the economic impact of one home game. Anyone want to take me up on that? So tell me Greg, how does this translate into tangible benefits for Kansas City? I mean, yeah, it’s cool that we’re playing an international game, but beyond it being cool, what good does it do? How will this pay the wages a parking attendant will miss because he is working one game less?

• Clarks caddy says:

+10000000

• rkcal says:

No, the parking attendant is a “whiny taker” and a loser. Because he chooses to attend a parking lot for a living, he doesn’t deserve consideration. Ask Greg if your voice can reach him on that high horse.

• Mike says:

The only way it could get worse for Chiefs STH’s is if the team has to host one of those bullshit Thursday night games next season too. A large percentage of ticket holders live outside of the metro. Think of the stink that will arise if the league schedules the team for a ridiculous Thusday night’er at home next year (outside of the opener and Thanksgiving night*).

*But since they hosted the first T-giving night game in ’06, I highly doubt it’s coming back anytime soon.

• Juan Pablo's Douche says:

Agree 100% with your comments Gavin. Greg’s comments about the vendor and his job choice was one of the most snobbish comments I have ever heard. Does Greg know this guy personally and know his situation. Perhaps this vending job was the best job available to this person and he took it. Greg makes it sound as though this guy should have held out for a CEO position somewhere. Reality is that sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do for your family.

The incessant whining over this opportunity for Kansas City and the Chiefs to gain global exposure is embarrassing. Please tell me Kansas City is better than this?

• Clarks Caddy says:

Will the Chiefs and/or KC actually be better off for this experience? I think not! I have always enjoyed your take on various issues but I think your take on this issue shows your true colors. You are a Johnson County snob! Big Time!!!

• SDPETE says:

I don’t think anyone sans NFL ownership really gives two craps about global exposure. What about taking care of your own?

• P says:

We have a co-worker based out of London. The vast majority of these tickets go to expats, so it’s not really that much exposure. Exposure to a lot of people really wanting to see the American Football, yeah….to actual foreigners, not so much.

They really need to do one of these games in Dubai or something, now that would be sweet.

• Bob Sacamano says:

Gavin nailed it!

3. @mizzoukcfan4 says:

I guess you can say that my reasons for not liking to lose a home game are selfish too. Because as a fan, I want my team to win as many games as possible and it’s easier to win at home than it is on the road or in London. Picture this scenario next year. Chiefs go 7-0 at Arrowhead, 3-5 on the road, and they lose in a nail biter to the Lions in London. They finish 10-6 and it’s one of those years that it takes 11 wins to make the playoffs. I bet all you people saying this isn’t a big deal will be changing your tune in that case. Personally, I think it’s dumb to play any games overseas that count. Play a couple exhibition games over there and call it good. Do the British even understand football? I don’t get why the NFL needs to take their product anywhere outside the USA. They’re doing just fine here. Call me a stuck up American but that’s how I see it.

4. Herb says:

Nothing good is in it for anyone but the owners (and maybe players) to lose a home game and play in London. The fact that the NFL mandated any team wanting to be considered for a Super Bowl in their stadium HAD to play in London is more evidence of this being some kind of new ruse of the league’s. It’s horse shit.

So Greg, while that guy IS being selfish….he’s no different than the NFL and owners being selfish to do this in the first place. All about the fans? My ass.

And Obama needs to shut his cake hole and worrying about his legacy. He told us 6 years ago it was time for “change”, but the joke was on us: he didn’t say the change would be GOOD.

5. Mysterious.j says:

Newsflash: KC could give up every home game next year and will still NEVER EVER get a Super Bowl.

• TiberiusGracchus says:

This London game does NOTHING for KC! It is not unique there are multiple NFL games in London now that most Americans don’t see and most Brits don’t give two shits about! Remember when Mexico City was the mouth the the NFL owners were trying to shove their cock in? An NFL team won’t work in London or anywhere else in Europe.

6. Mike says:

Jack’s actually retiring? I thought they just wheeled him out of his cryogenic chamber for 41 hits, 810 appearances, and as a guy who makes Frank look better.
    Also, I do sympathize with vendors at Arrowhead. I do. (Greg, don’t follow up on that maker-v-taker parallel you laid in there. I kind of thought you were above empty jingoism. (What was he a taker of?? He provides a service for financial remuneration. It makes the attempt at that jingoistic label wrong, and wrong-headed.))
    But the benefit for many of those same vendors is that Arrowhead will get two large touring music acts next summer that should pack the stadium with 60K fans. Who knows? Maybe the Chiefs will land a Power-5 conference football game too.

Also, SKC’s run to the MLS title last year did far more in how it “affects the community” on an international stage than the Chiefs’ game in London ever will. By multiples. If you’ve seen any of the broadcasts of the London games so far, you know why. It’s team-and-league exposure only, not the city or community. Once you accept that you’ll be able to frame any of your future arguments better.
    (Hell, the Royals’ run to the WS likely “affected the community” on a larger level across the pond than the London game will.)

Chiefs’ STH’s and others have a legitimate gripe, up until the point that the league forces Dallas, Detroit (who both have adamantly gone on record as “never”), Denver, Pittsburgh, and others to give up a home game as well for the greater good.

Also, I saw an article by Teicher where Mark Donovan said it will cost the Chiefs to do the London game. I say hooey. If there was no financial advantage for both the league, AND the teams, to do these overseas games, there’s no way in hell the NFL would continue to stage them. We’ve all witnessed how the NFL has operated for the last 15-20 years now. They don’t participate in anything that doesn’t have an immediate, direct incentive that improves/benefits their operation and bottom line. It’s kind of how they got to be a $10bn/year outfit.

And Bowe’s litmus test coming up is Seattle. If he has any hope to stay around, he’s gotta make an impact in a week. Oh, and he has to show up vs Buffalo Sunday. But I’m afraid that ship has sailed. He is what he is, and he’s not an every-down go-to receiver. He’s a second or third-option possession receiver (when he hangs on to the ball), making primary target money.

• John G says:

I think the league views it as a future benefit – they are trying to build a UK fan base….I see it as potentially lucrative for the NFL but not beneficial to the Chiefs or their fans.

7. John G says:

Nobody gives a crap about the London games. The Chiefs gain absolutely nothing by playing there…and the fans and KC residents who have footed the bill for a stadium lose a home game. Prior to the Chiefs, the teams that lost home games to London are the ones that had a hard time filling their home stadiums. We don’t roll in the UK on Shabbos….tell the f**ks in the league office to UNPOST it.

8. Phaedrus says:

Greg, you really think the vendor needs to “quit whining” and work to improve his lot in life??? We can’t all be lawyers or doctors….at least the guy’s got an honest job and is trying to support a family. I highly doubt that is his only job…I suppose you’d be happier if the guy went on welfare? Besides, how much different is selling food from selling software?

Why does the US feel the need to export everything we do? It’s bad enough we canvas the world with McDonalds and Starbucks…now we need to force football down their throats too? It’s no wonder 1/2 the world despises us.

I’m still waiting for Australian rules football teams to play a regular season game in KC. Or maybe we could host a cricket game from the Indian professional league. Think of the marketing benefits New Delhi and/or Sydney could gain by hosting a game here!

“If your family is depending on your take home pay from vending at Chiefs game, you might want to spend more time upgrading your lot in life than bitching about it.”

Yeah! Do something about your lot in life! Like, maybe go get a part time job! The Chiefs have hundreds of vendors! You could get a job there instead of just bitching and being a “taker.” So why don’t you go get a part time job with the Chiefs instead of bitching you…TAKER!

By the way, Greg, that’s pretty damn supercilious of you you act as if you know more about this man’s life and needs than he does. How do you know how many jobs he has or how hard he works? But he just complains about something you think is cool and suddenly he becomes a whiny, bitchy “taker” and worthy of your derision. I would have thought the nuns would have taught you better. Haven’t I heard you talk about how many jobs your dad work to support your very large family? What makes you think you can judge this guy?

And I’m still awaiting an explanation as to how this is a benefit for Kansas City. Bonus points if you can explain how this helps Kansas City more than it hurts with the loss of income for workers and businesses.

• Brummy says:

Most of the concessions stands at the Chiefs games are actually fund raisers for local organizations (churches, colleges groups, etc.). The people running them are volunteering their time.

At least it was about 10 years ago when I managed one of the concessions.

10. Java Man says:

I warned you people what would happen to Greg when he moved to Kansas. Red state douche.

11. Kyle Rohde says:

Gavin summed up the Chiefs well so all I’ll add is that the out-of-town owner that’s buddies with Goodell made this call. Remember how everybody ripped David Glass for being an out-of-towner? Yeah, so is Clark Hunt. And if he thinks a Super Bowl is coming to Camarohead, I’ve got some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell him.

As for Moustakas, it’s great that he hit five home runs in the postseason but did that really change the narrative that much? The guy still only hit like .220 in the postseason. Moore is right that there really isn’t a better option though – looks like Sandoval is going to get $15 million+ and Aramis Ramirez got $14 million from Milwaukee, and neither of them are noticeably better than Moustakas who will probably cost half that amount in arbitration.

Jesus Christ, Greg. Did you really call some dude that is going to be DIRECTLY impacted financially by the Chiefs playing in London a whiner?! Do you actually think he should be thinking of his community OVER his family? Here’s a thought………..How about you give up a days pay when the Chiefs play that day. Why should the vendors be the only ones thinking about their community above themselves?

This just might be the most arrogant, condescending load of shit I have ever seen. What a disgusting comment. I sure hope you thank someone every fucking day of your life that this isn’t YOU that needs a day’s vending income to make ends meet.

Unbelievable.

• Phaedrus says:

I hope Greg is enjoying his KK moment. Nothing like saying something stupid to get a reaction…

The Chiefs are part of the National Football League. They are not an island. Clark Hunt has chosen to sacrifice one home game for the good of the league — the same league that has created all these weekend incomes for the whiners. Meanwhile, the global exposure this London game will bring to KC and the Chiefs is a long-term win for the city, the Midwest and those who live here. Quit whining and be a contributor to your community instead of merely a taker. What a great opportunity for those who will miss out on a Sunday payday to teach their children what it means to belong to this community rather than simply live here.

• Gavin says:

I’m still waiting for you to explain how this tangibly benefits the city and it’s citizens. Maybe, MAYBE, this helps the Chiefs gain some sliver of market share in London. Okay, let’s just say it does that.

Now that we’ve cleared that up, what does this do for Kansas City? Are you saying we will see some sort of tourism spike from people who will be so intrigued by our snazzy red-on-white uniforms that they all say, in a charming Cockney accent, “let’s all of us go to Kansas City! Look at those blokes playing this foreign game and tell me that we can do anything other than visit this big small town in a place we’ve never heard of!”? Because, again, I am willing to wager that this will not happen.

So do me a favor and quit doubling down on your smug “whiner” attacks and just explain yourself. Explain how this game brings any kind of benefit beyond the notion that a bunch of Brits will now hear the words “Kansas City” strung together. Please explain for the class how this outweighs the economic loss to be suffered and juxtapose your answer against the backdrop of the city having just paid hundreds of millions in taxes to pay for renovations to the stadium where they would normally play this game.

• Steve says:

He can’t answer because there is no benefit for Kansas City. I saw a guy on Twitter say they need to grow their brand internationally because they’re losing ground to SKC and the Royals after they made championship appearances, that they’re losing ground at home.

Well, what better way to gain ground at home then to move a home game to London? I don’t think this will do anything for Kansas City and the Chiefs globally. For 3 hours on a Sunday people in London will know who the Chiefs are… and then by Monday most, if not all, will continue not to care. I don’t see how one 3-hour cameo will change that.

• Edward says:

Kansas City will have a bigger direct impact from the 2016 World Science Fiction Convention being held at the downtown Marriott than a football game played 6000 miles away.

• Jim says:

“Sorry, kids. No food today. It’s community day. Go Chiefs!”

That’s a load of crap, Greg! I’m sorry. My number 1 priority is my family. I don’t owe the NFL shit.

Hate to tell you, but you’re on an island here. There’s no “exposure” for Kansas City here. Hunt did this for the NFL and for the Chiefs. Period. It’s a negative for every STH, parking attendant, vendor or security officer. Ironic that you aren’t ANY of these but feel their sacrifice for the “community” is necessary.

Let me know when that first dollar flows into our community from this international “exposure”.

Want to talk about the competitive disadvantage to 7 home games versus 8? Detroit gets to play all 8 home games AND a neutral site game.

• Phaedrus says:

What the hell are you talking about with your “belonging to a community” crap?

Greg, do you shop at Wal-Mart, McDonalds, etc? If so, why don’t you support your “community” and only shop at locally owned businesses? Wouldn’t our “community” be better off if a local restaurant got the $3 you spend on breakfast at McDonalds every morning rather than having it be sent to the home office in Illinois?

If you do start shopping local, I hope you don’t start whining about the higher prices you are going to pay. Remember, it’s all about the community.

Got that kiddos???

• KCPRGuy1 says:

FYI, most of the McDonald’s in KC (and in the U.S.) are locally owned by independent and local business people who live right here in this city.

• Gavin says:

Also, Phaedrus, Greg seems to think that belonging to a “community” is a one-way street. The Chiefs get to demand hundreds of millions in stadium refurbishments from the Jackson County “community” but when it comes to playing all possible home games in that refurbished stadium, Greg scolds all us fans to grab ankle for the “community,” let we be whiny “takers.” The Chiefs don’t owe the “community” everything but we sure owe the Chiefs more than has already been sacrificed.

Hey, Greg, why aren’t the Chiefs also “takers” seeing as how they, you know, TOOK $250M from Jackson County? That vendor you scolded earlier? He might be “taking” in the sense that he accepts his wages for his work, but he is, not to put too fine a point on it, WORKING. What are the Chiefs doing for me?

And I’m STILL waiting for your explanation of the amazing benefits this game will have for Kansas City. I expect I’ll be waiting a long time. You’re about the quietest I’ve ever seen you.

• Brummy says:

Greg, I don’t think you want to use the NFL as your example for community pride.

Btw, how much tax revenue has England paid to help cover the costs to build or renovate the Arrowhead?

• John G says:

I am a Chiefs fan…not an NFL fan. I could care less about what is good for the most hypocritical business on the face of the planet…run by a bunch of gangsters IMO. The Chiefs, however, impact local economy and the citizens have sacrificed for the team. Playing in London helps the NFL, not the city of KC or the League. It’s a bad deal for the only people I. The equation that matter: KC locals. Nobody in London is going to remember KC even 15 minutes after the game. When Man U came here to play a few years ago did they leave you with a burning desire to go tour Manchester, England? Doubt it. It’s a raw deal for KC and only benefits the league office pimps.

• Frank says:

Maybe some psycho on the street that reads this column that is personally offended will sacrifice Greg Hall for the good of the community

13. Kyle R says:

Oh, and Alex Smith is all the QB Andy Reid could ever want? Really? Like he wouldn’t take Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger, Luck and probably a couple others if he had the chance. Alex is fine but “all a coach could want” is laughable. Please, Kevin Harlan, please.

14. Kyle says:

June 30th. Can’t wait. GTFO Jack!

• Fred Flintstone says:

But, when Jack leaves, who’ll be Missourah’s shill, trumpeting Missourah’s importance to the Kansas City Metro? Who else could be so convincing as he?

15. Frank says:

As long as you’re calling chiefs fans names, Greg, you are a fucking asshole.

16. Hot Carl says:

It’s one fucking game. Think of all the face paint you idiot rubes will save.

17. Ken says:

The Chiefs can raise ticket prices on the 7 (9) home games for next year and not miss a cent in ticket revenue.

18. Richard Cranium says:

I would add to this, but I have nothing more, as Gavin and Kyle have put it very nicely. A win for the man, and the rest of us sit with the lower lotted people. Evidently the Clarks know where their bread is buttered.

I see nothing wrong with the London game. Lamar Hunt is the founder of the AFC. He coined “Super Bowl”. I have a hunch Clark Hunt thinks he can land the Super Bowl in our town in the somewhat near future and wants to be as much of a team player for the NFL as possible.

I think it’s kinda it’s all kinda cool.

I obviously am not as cynical as the other posters as I think the Chiefs will figure out a way to make up the lost work date to its employees, whether it’s an extra concert, college football game, or other benefits or bonus. And if they don’t? Well, it kinda sucks, but almost everyone I know over the last few years has either not gotten a pay increase of any kind, taken a pay cut, or lost a job. Life is challenging lots of time. We have no choice but to deal with it.

• TiberiusGracchus says:

I’ll blow you and Greg when the Super Bowl comes to KC! This game has no advantage in it for anyone except the Lions and the other owners(in mind only). Their are enough games in London to where the novelty has worn off. Not only is it a waste, but as others have stated we are giving up a competitive advantage and local dollars. Play the fucking Super Bowl over there if you want to create buzz about the NFL in England!

20. ed shaffer says:

Greg has been saying stupid things for years. Occasionally, though, he shows his true colors. Hall is more than dumb, he’s an asshole. Makes me sick to think there are kids out there who have to call him Dad. God help them.

• Mumbai says:

Hall isn’t even from KC. He doesn’t understand our city, our people, our sports teams or our sports media. He’s a douchebag Nebraska transplant. He’ll never get Kansas City. Ever.