Sure looks like Alex Gordon likes Terrance Gore in this photo from Wednesday night.

“I don’t want to read too much into this… I didn’t like the look of Alex Gordon (Wednesday) night.”
Kevin Kietzman, who then proceeded to read a lot into Alex Gordon’s postgame reaction to he and Terrance Gore being interviewed by Joel Goldberg Wednesday night as he was soaked with Gatorade twice by Salvador Perez, 810 AM
GH: Kietzman has to fill 20 hours of radio time each week and that can be a challenge when his show follows eight hours of live shows that basically cover the same players, teams and topics. For this reason KK likes to stretch the boundaries of reason, common sense and reality from time to time in an attempt to be unique. Another way to put it is to say sometimes he just makes shit up. This would be one of those times. Read on. “(Gordon) almost seemed annoyed that Gore was getting the attention and was getting splashed with the Gatorade bucket. … I don’t think Alex Gordon ever looked at Terrance Gore (during his postgame interview with Joel Goldberg Wednesday night). I don’t think he ever smiled, patted him on the back, whatever. … He didn’t want to be there. I don’t know what that was about.”
Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM
GH: A better question is what is KK’s rant out Alex Gordon all about? Why does Kietzman despise Gordon? It can’t be just because he is from Nebraska, can it? Did Gordon not genuflect in front of Kietz in The K’s parking lot back in 2009? Whatever is fueling Kietzman’s constant attack on the Royals perennial All-Star and Gold-Glove winning left fielder, someone close to KK should let him know just how foolish and ridiculous he sounds by perpetuating his Gordon grudge.

“To a lot of people this sounds unthinkable, trust us on this. Trust us. … I think it’s a very interesting topic. When you start bringing in guys who they don’t know their name? It’s a whole different deal. I don’t want to make too much of it…”
Kevin Kietzman, after explaining his belief that the veteran players on the Royals are upset with the expanded roster and having to travel, locker alongside and find playing time for the call ups, 810 AM
GH: When Kevin Kietzman tells me to “trust us” on something, I run the other way like I was Terrance Gore trying to avoid a Gatorade bath.

“Now Gordo’s not a high-high, lo-low guy. He’s very even-keeled and whatever, so I don’t want to read too much into it…”
Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM
GH: Trust us, Kietzman LOVES to read too much into his fairytale scenarios. Read on.

“He had his arms crossed. You talk to any person who studies sociology and arms crossed is a defensive position. ‘I don’t like what you’re asking me. I don’t like the person next to me. I’m very guarded right now. I don’t like this.’ That’s the posture of ‘I’m not real pleased with my position.’ Everybody knows that. … It was a weird dynamic as I’m watching this thing. It did not feel right.”
Kevin Kietzman, on Gordon standing with his arms crossed during his postgame interview with Joel Goldberg, 810 AM
GH: I have to wonder what a person who studies sociology would say about a guy like Kietzman who twistedly turns Gordon’s celebratory postgame interview after he had hit a two-run homer after the Royals swept the Rangers into a negative, narcissistic and egomaniacal depiction of Gordon.

“I could totally be reading too much into this. I’m not stating this as fact…”
Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM
GH: For some reason KK believes that if he repeats this disclaimer often enough, it allows him to basically make up any story and air it to his audience. Very professional.

“For some guys, trust me, having a guy like Terrance Gore that’s five-foot-six on the team that really can’t do anything except run on the bases, is an insult to what they do for a living. I think there are some of these (Royals) players going, ‘We worked out butt off to get into first place and this thing’s become a three-ring circus with Gore out there stealing bases and all these pinch runners?’ I think somewhere at least in the back of their minds they’ve got to be thinking that. I know Billy Butler does. If he’s coming out that early in a game (for a pinch runner), he doesn’t like what he sees.”
Kevin Kietzman, 810 AM
GH: Kietzman may have overstepped his microphone cord by stating, “. I know Billy Butler does.” KK has stated in the past how he considers Butler a personal friend. If Butler is confiding in Kietzman that he is unhappy with the number of players that the Royals have called up then Butler deserves to be outed on the radio. BUT…if Kietzman is just talking out of his ass and throwing Butler’s name out there as one of the disgruntled veteran Royals without any facts – then the other owners at WHB needs to step in and put a sock in Kietzman’s make-believe radio world. Either that or wait for Billy Butler and the Royals to do so.

“We would have probably flushed their heads in a toilet and pulled their socks down.” Kevin Kietzman, when asked by Danny Clinkscale how he would have reacted in high school if his baseball coach had promoted a number of JV players up to the varsity for their state title run, 810 AM
GH: Isn’t Kietzman the guy complaining about Grunhard and Maas flushing his ego in WHB’s toilet?

“I for one thought they should have found a way to keep Bruce Chen on the team. If everything they said about him (as a locker-room presence) is true…”
Frank White, 810 AM
GH: I agree with Frank. Chen is washed up (at least for this season) as a contributing pitcher but he could have been a nice locker room presence and comic relief for Yordano Ventura and the club during the pressure month of September.

“LOATHE with a capital ‘E’ at the end! We call them the ‘Skankees’ for a reason.”
Mike Mcfarlane, when asked by Steven St. John if he hates the Yankees, 810 AM
GH: Three games in NYC with the Yankees is a great way to start off one heckuva sports weekend here in Kansas City. BTW, “Beat the Skankees” would make a great T-shirt Tuesday slogan next season. and @greghall24

28 Responses to OTC: Why Does Kevin Kietzman Despise Alex Gordon? And Has KK Overstepped His Frienship W/ Billy Butler By Stating He’s Unhappy?

1. Kyle R says:

Greg – Freudian slip! Gordon’s a LF now ;)

2. Jip says:

It’s too bad he has an audience, but that’s the audience’s fault.

3. KSbugeater says:

Alex hasn’t been the Royals 3B for a while.

Kietzman has an inferiority complex when it comes to Nebraska. Years of beatings taken by K-State in his formative years will do that to a person.

4. JimmyD says:

This ass stems from KK’s days at SM North. When he was a senior, they brought in a freshman that was louder and more nimble yell leader than KK was. It haunts him to this day.

We are trying to win ball games by any means possible and everyone on our roster should have accepted that by now. Billy gets this and KK should know better. His hatred of Alex is ridiculous

5. JimmyD says:

This all stems. Sorry

6. Ben B says:

Spot on. KK’s take yesterday was a crock of shit made up out of thin air.

7. Say What? says:

KK must have turned the TV off in the middle of the Gordon’s post-game interview. Joel’s last question was “Who would win in a race between Jarrod Dyson and Terrence Gore?” and Gordon quickly replied “Gore” with a sly smile on his face as he ran into the dugout. He was completely light-hearted during that interview.

Butler is unhappy because he’s on his way off the team and missing that $12.5 mil team option that the Royals are going to reject.

KK is trying to create a soap opera and using Butler’s pouty attitude to try to drive a wedge into the team during the best Royals season in 20+ years.

F right off Kevin Keitzman.

8. Boyd Crowder says:

This is just my opinion. Nothing more. I believe that KK’s ego doesn’t allow him to admit that he was wrong about Gordon when he called him a bust and said he’d never be a productive big-leaguer a few years ago. Hell, I thought he was going to flame out too. Turns out I was wrong. I’m thrilled to be wrong in this instance. He’s also too close to Butler as he is a regular on 810 and KK considers him a friend. He bristles when Butler is criticized for anything. It almost feels like it it Butler vs Gordon in KK’s mind. I don’t believe Kietzman’s angst directed at Gordon has anything to do with his hatred of Nebraska. I just believe that he’s incapable of admitting he was so wrong.

Regarding Gordon’s body language during the post-game interview. I watched it too and just feel that Gordon doesn’t like speaking in public. It sucks. I’ve had to give a few presentations in front of groups considerably smaller than the crowds at the stadium and the tv audience. I thought I’d vomit the first time I had to do it. I think Gordon might be sick of the Gatorade baths after every win. It looked like he was running out of patience when the second one came that night. Just my opinion, I could be wrong about all of this.

9. The Independent Rage says:

Similar to KK’s silly sociology, my old lady’s always giving me the business over the arms-crossed thing. “You look mad when you do that,” she hisses. My rejoinder to the old ball and chain is always, “With a name like Rage? What the fuck am I supposed to look like?!”

10. b12 says:

I saw the post game interview…and heard KK yesterday. I think it’s more KK having to do something different than SSJ and Petro than anything else….coupled with his distaste for Alex “wind aided” Gordon.

Gordon, for his part, seems to be a guy that just wants to work hard and win ball games. He’s not ever animated in a post game interview, but he’s showed some personality before with Joel.

Royals had an off day. Chiefs didn’t have anything going on. He needed something for the monologue. At least he managed to work his mom into the conversation…he never does that.

11. Matt says:

The funny thing about KK mentioning “sociology,” he got the term wrong. What he was describing has nothing to do with sociology.

• John Giardino says:

Noticed that too…how you can trust this take from a guy who confuses “sociology” with slipshod pseudo-psychology? He must have missed that class at K-State.

12. Brummy says:

Its red Friday and we’re reading about KK?

13. FJH says:

KK is just a troll. I am disappointed to see a whole OTC dedicated to his BS.

• The Independent Rage says:

KK’s high entertainment. Greg’s always been good at recognizing that sort of thing. It’s the reason people have followed Greg around for years from site to site, like me.

14. ssiknaf says:

fuKK Billy and his sac shiner

15. Anfo says:

Maybe Gordon is sick of having to do post game interviews with a cartoon character like Goldberg and having an amateur comedian like Perez dump Gatorade on him every evening.

• MT says:

This is exactly my thought on the matter. Athlete and manager interviews are generally useless and if I never have to listen to another one it will be too soon. Besides, most of the players on the team don’t speak English very well (or at all) and it is even more annoying as hell.

16. MrOlathe says:

I also used to think there was something to KK’s anti-Gordon position having to do with his hatred (jealousy) of Nebraska, but I thibk BC is right. KK took the anti-Gordon/he’s gonna be a bust position and is not going to give in! He also hates the popular kids which also might stem from a demotion in HS Baseball when they benched him in favor of a freshman and KK was the one getting his head flushed AS A SENIOR by the freshman. But KK also hated Tony Gonzalez, Tiger Woods, Jim Rome, well the list goes on and on.

17. Juan Pablo says:

KK says anything to get listeners, all talk show host do this some. If you believe anything he says you are stupid, I do like his show when when has some good guests on, like Stan Weer talking about college football.

18. skip says:

KK…..still driving the clown car

19. Herb says:

Hip said it best earlier “It’s too bad he has an audience, but that’s the audience’s fault.”

20. Smith says:

Imagine if Kietzman’s show was on during mid-day. How horrifying.